Apr 20, 2011

Spring in my Step

With only 10 days left, April is already drawing to a close. May is one of my favorite months of the entire year - the sun shines, green leaves spring out, and I can finally stop wearing two pairs of socks every day. My pampered feet hate being restricted and I love the feeling of that first step into my spring sandals.

Unfortunately, I have been strictly forbidden to buy any new shoes. There's no way I'll be able to bring even half of my shoe collection home, so I know that if I can't resist the temptation to purchase a new pair of pretty pedicure protectors, I'll be forced to part with one I've already decided to save.

But that hasn't stopped me from looking! Right now, I'm set on finding a pair of yellow shoes. I mentioned in my post on Paris Fashion week that I was drooling over a pair of bright yellow pumps, and I haven't been able to get them off of my mind since. Here are a few of the lemony looks I've been lusting after.

Nine West Blanca

Aren't these beauties just incredibly gorgeous? Wedges are in style pretty much every warm season, and of course spring 2011 is no exception. These cuties are not only affordable at $99, but they come in all kinds of bright, springy colors. These are definitely on the top of my list when I get back to America.


MK16251 by Michael Kors
Designed by the Project Runway resident Sass-meister himself, Mr. Michael Kors, these thick-strapped, 5-inch wedges are simply to die-for. Unfortunately, the price could also kill. Would you spend $727.20 on a pair of (really, really adorable) espadrilles? I would, but that would mean I couldn't eat for a month or two...
Fritzz by Steve Madden Madden Girl
A strappy sandal is always a go-to for spring and summery days, and these ridiculously precious striped Madden Girl heels would get many miles out of me. At just $69.95, they'd be worth every penny. As an added bonus, every purchase over $20 from Steve Madden will get you a free subscription to Us Weekly! Beach reading and beach shoes all in one place, ladies! (But try to avoid the sand in these suckers. You'll sink!)

Naughty Monkey Carumba Platform Sandal
From studs to snakeskin, these mustard-hued caged bootie beauties are a trendy girl's best friend. With a price of $74.95, they're a pretty good friend to a poor girl, too. The more I look at these, the more I want to pull out my credit card...
A good pump is always a staple in a girl's closet. These super stylish peeptoes stand out thanks to the lovely color, but are demure enough for a working girl to rock in the office. At just $70.00, a working girl could afford them as well.
BB Suede in Yellow by Repetto
A lady always has a good flat in the mix (even us shorties) and this saffron suede ballet flat could be perfectly paired with a frilly, floral skirt or casual, cuffed jeans and never fail to impress either way. But at $265, the good impression would not come cheap.

What spring shoes are you looking for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think