Mar 9, 2011

It's Paris Fashion Week!

Bonjour! It's fashion week in Paris and designers from around the globe are debuting their Fall 2011 collections in La Ville-Lumière. I've been watching a few of my favorite designers and while I don't always "get" what comes out on the runway, there are some breathtaking, drop-dead gorgeous designs that catch my eye. Take a look as I share a few of those with you!

Let me start with Dolce & Gabbana. Spectators could see the Janelle Monáe inspired men's-wear-for-women and the funky glamour pulled from muse Mr. David Bowie. I think if I ever became a celebrity, I'd want to exclusively wear the designs of Misters Domenico Dolce & Stefano Gabbana. This fun collection really caught my eye.

Dolce & Gabbana
Model: Erin Heatherton
Photo: Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW
Dolce & Gabbana
Photo: Olivier Claisse/firstVIEW
Dolce & Gabbana
Model: Lindsay Lullman
Photo: Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW
This sexy little number is my favorite:
Dolce & Gabbana
Model: Alessandra Ambrosio
Photo: Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW
And I am dying for these yellow shoes:
Dolce & Gabbana
Model: Edita Vilkeviciute
Photo: Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW
Dolce & Gabbana
Model: Sigrid Agren
Photo: Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW
Those are soooommme cheekbones:
Dolce & Gabbana
Model: Natasha Poly
Photo: Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW

While I could definitely see me slinking into a few of those dresses (well, if I didn't want to eat for a year), I also like checking out designers that I couldn't imagine anyone outside of the entertainment industry actually putting on. Like Alexander McQueen.

Ms. Sarah Burton, the lead designer for the late Alexander McQueen's fashion house, has been thrust into the spotlight recently thanks to a rumor that she'd be designing a certain gown for a certain royal wedding. She said that she drew her inspiration for this Fall 2011 collection from an ice queen, but she wasn't talking about that queen and insists that she is not the Royal Wedding Dress Designer (that title should be capitalized, right?). Though the image of an "ice queen" sounds harsh, I found the designs to be relatively soft and exceptionally beautiful.

Alexander McQueen
Photo: Yannis Vlamos/GoRunway.com
Alexander McQueen
Photo: Yannis Vlamos/GoRunway.com
I also love looking at the gowns, picturing some of my favorite starlets donning them on the red carpet. Wouldn't Lea Michele look amazing in this Marchesa?
Marchesa
Model: Nastya Karzan
Photo: Courtesy of Marchesa
And can't you just picture Blake Lively spicing up the carpet in this spectacular Jason Wu?
Jason Wu
Model: Karlie Kloss
Photo: Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW
Who are your favorite designers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think