Apr 14, 2011

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Though it's ridiculously stressful, I'm so excited to move into a new home. It's not that I don't love our current abode - I know it probably won't get any better for a while, anyway - but it's so temporary that it's difficult to really invest anything in it. If I had my way, my hubby and I would be in the market for an actual home that we could call our own, but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon (hello, future student loans...ugh). That doesn't stop me from dreaming, though, and I've put together my perfect little home, located in the beautiful, rolling hills of my brain. Welcome! Let me take you on a tour!


Here's our spacious, bright kitchen. Isn't it just lovely, with our re-purposed hardwood floors? Ahhh, I'm so glad we chose to live somewhere that's 75-degrees year-round. I love having the windows - or in this case, the entire wall - open, with ocean breezes drifting through my home. And why, yes! I am baking cookies! Don't they smell delish?


Here's where I sit and read in the afternoons while the children do their homework quietly in their rooms. I simply adore window seats and this cozy little nook even overlooks our lake. (Yeah, we have a lake and the ocean by my house.) That's our dock there, you see. And once the boys are done with their math, you can find them fishing together before dinner. We're kinda perfect like that.


"Where's Momma?" 
"I think she's taking a bath." 
"Again? That's the fourth time today!"
"SHUT UP, KIDS! I'M TRYING TO RELAX HERE IN MY RIDICULOUSLY LAVISH JACUZZI BATH! LET ME POKE THE FIRE IN PEACE! JEEZ!! AND BRING ME SOME COOKIES!!"


Ahem. Sorry about that little outburst. Let's take a walk outside, shall we? You can take a look at my porch bed. That's right. I said porch bed. Oh, you don't have one of those? How do you live with yourself?


Surely you have a laundry room, though. Look how perfectly organized and clean mine is! This little table above the washer and dryer was totally my idea. That way the maid can fold all the laundry as soon as it comes out and I won't find her folding clothes all over my living room floor. Pretty ingenious, wouldn't you say?


And here's one of our guest bedrooms. Yes, that's an alcove bed. We've been told by guests that this is actually nicer than their real beds at home. Never mind that it's in a closet; look at all the throw pillows! They say there's a direct link between the number of throw pillows and how comfortable a bed is. It was proven by scientists. No? That's not true at all? Throw pillows are actually kinda annoying because they're too small to use properly but you can't get away from them cause they're everywhere? Well, whatever. Alcove!


And finally, let's take a look at our library. Isn't it to-die-for? The shelves multi-task as steps! You can climb all the way to the top, where there's a little skylight and the floor is actually one giant fluffy bed/pillow thing. When I'm not baking cookies and staring out of the wall, or reading in my cozy nook overlooking our dock, or poking the fire in the bath, or snoozing on my porch bed (that's right, porch bed), or walking past the laundry room, or counting the throw pillows on our alcove bed, you can find me up there. 

Well, that's about it for now. Thanks for stopping by! It's not quite done yet, and once we add on, I'll be sure to update you, fair readers. Oh, and I'm venturing in to Tokyo this afternoon (for business, not pleasure), so I may not be able to update tomorrow. Let's just hope I don't come back as a radioactive monster, shall we! Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think