Aug 23, 2010

Gawkin at Food

Welcome to my first Eat-Your-Heart-Out Monday! Woohoo!



So, uh, well, I didn't actually bake anything this past weekend, so, um, hmm...

Keep reading anyway!


Technically, Big Bro D and I did make Alton Brown's Baked Macaroni and Cheese last night, but I have no pictures to accompany it. It was delicious, however, and better than the first time we made it. We still had some issues with it getting a bit curdled in the oven, though. D and I are trying to figure out how to end that mess.


While I don't have any personal pictures or baked goods to brag about, I will tell you all about one of my favorite foodie inspiration sites. Maybe you've heard of it? Maybe you've been featured on it? It's the one and only foodgawker! I love looking at the pictures on this site, all while finding new recipes and websites to check out.

The inspirational photography is just one of the reasons this site is so amazing. It has forced me to look at my own food photography and adjust accordingly. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good shots next time of the cookies I'm planning on baking this weekend. There is also an abundance of recipes; really it's a something-for-everyone kind of site. In the mood for something savory? Sweet? Exotic? You can find whatever you're looking for - or not in particularly looking for, whichever the case may be. There's a plethora of goody foodie finds at foodgawker, so make sure you take a gander.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think