Apr 4, 2011

Welcome back!

Well, it's been a while! Sorry about that. The week after the quake was... stressful to say the least. As it's my job to look after the well being of 34 other foreigners, I had my plate quite full of questions, concerns and over-active parents. Though the crisis seemed to be getting worse and worse - Earthquake! Tsunami! Nuclear Power Plant ExplosionNuclear Power Plant Explosion Again! And Again! And Again! Radiation! Zombies! - (OK, maybe not that last one, but I'm not going to be surprised. I'm calling it right now.) I'm so happy to say that life has gone back to normal here in Kyoto and we're back to our usual nights at our favorite bars (I am going to miss playing drinking games and Jinga at ING so much!) and karaoke (I can't even think about how much I'm going to miss this. No.). 

This was 2 years ago! I wonder what I was singing? And why are there so many pictures of me at karaoke on Facebook? Oh, it's probably because I'm there every weekend...
But, the exciting news is that we've finally figured out where we're going to land after our five years here in this amazing city. I can't imagine a place that could follow up Kyoto in our hearts, but I do believe we've picked the best place possible for us - the incredible San Francisco!! I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am. I've always wanted to live in The City by the Bay (thanks to Uncle Jessie, natch) and to now have the opportunity to do so is ridiculously exciting! I'm scared, of course, seeing as I've never lived in San Fran, and I've lived in one of the safest countries in the world for the past five years (no more using my purse to save my seat at Starbucks!). More than anything, though, I'm ready. I'm ready to start something new, get on with life, have a family. And the Hubby has wanted to be an architect since he was 15 years old, so for him to finally get the chance to fulfill his dream is all I want for him. I know life will take us far and I couldn't be happier to start the newest part of our lives together.

I know I haven't posted a baking post in a while (at first it was because my pictures were too large...) but I'll make the same promise to you as I did to the two men I live with - I'll bake something new this weekend! In the meantime, though, see you tomorrow for a beauty-full Tuesday! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think