Sep 9, 2010

A lovely distraction


Oh, goodness gracious. I have fallen in love with a yarn store.

On Saturday, my loving husband spent a little more than an hour with me in Avril, which has quickly become the store I will always visit when I go shopping on my own. The walls in the open, bright, wooden room were enshrouded with a radiant rainbow of yarns that ranged in texture from the thinnest thread to the thickest rope. It was a breathtaking sight and I think Hubby C summed it up best when he said, "Wow."

I was lost and overwhelmed by my choices. Thank goodness my best friend was there with me, and he encouraged me to get three small samples of yarns that stood out to me that I would want to try to work with. I settled on a beautiful purple gradient wool that fluctuates from rich royal purple to vivid violet to luscious lilac (see my picture above). I also picked up a cream-colored hinoki, which is almost like a soft rope, but I chose it because I had never seen a yarn like it before.

I was also drawn to a thick navy blue wool-nylon blend. I wasn't sure why, but I kept coming back to that yarn (I love navy blue so so much), so Hubby C told me to "just get it already," so I did.  
They even wrap their yarns in a beautiful way! I was excited just to bring the package home.

  
Here's all the stuff I bought. Currently, I'm working on a hat with the purple. I'm honestly not sure how much I like it, but I'm giving it a try. I'll post all about it when I finish (probably next week). I'm also hoping to make a trip back to Avril this weekend (oh no). I wonder if Big Bro D and Hubby C want to learn how to knit...



P.S. Happy Birthday, Hubby C. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me.

1 comment:

  1. love your description of the yarns. This may sound weird, but it made me hungry...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think