Apr 11, 2011

Where did the weekend go?

Cause I totally had no time to bake! Well, maybe I could have if I would have made time, but I chose instead to do something I hadn't done in a looong time - I went shopping! I kid you not, I hadn't been shopping in more than two months. Me! Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to buy any new clothes (I will already have to donate/throw away at least 1/3 of my wardrobe this summer. Wow, that makes me sick to think about.), but make-up is another story, so I had some fun spending time alone and shopping for new lipstick, blush and skincare products. On Sunday, we had a family outing to the Philosopher's Walk, which was not only overflowing in brilliant, blooming sakura, but also with pushy, improperly dressed pedestrians. Seriously, ladies. If you're going somewhere that has the name WALK in it, it's probably not the best idea to wear 4-inch heels. Let's have some common sense.

Long story short, I didn't bake anything this weekend. So how about I share with you the recipes that I've been eying recently? You'll probably end up making them first anyway, so let me know how they turn out, eh?

Cookie Dough Truffles by Annie's Eats

Don't these look ah-may-zing? My mouth waters every time I look at this recipe and it's on the top of my list to make. I asked the boys the last time we had Poker if I should make these, but D told me that he doesn't like me making new things for Poker Night. "Why not?" I asked. "You don't have to eat it if you don't like it!" "Not the problem," said the big brother. "I'm afraid I'm going to like it so much that I'm going to be pissed that we have to share with other people." Fair enough (and pretty sweet).

Buckeyes by Smitten Kitchen

Oh, dear sweet Lord. Chocolate and peanut butter in little ball-sized bites of heaven. I want to make these oh-so-badly, but the recipe calls for graham crackers. What's the problem with that, you say? Just head down to the grocery store and pick some cheap ones up for under a dollar? Nope - the going rate for a small box of graham crackers in this crazy country is about $14. Insane, right? My lips haven't touched a graham cracker in more than five years, and they'll just have to wait a little bit longer. But I'm making these as soon as I can in our new apartment in San Fran. Please, do me a favor and make these for yourselves, cause at least you can afford it.

Chocolate Sheet Cake by The Pioneer Woman

I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a sheet cake, but I still know exactly how it tasted. I'm not sure what makes sheet cake so special, but there's a certain je ne sais quoi that you just can't find in regualar cakes (though I'm kinda sure it's just a lot of butter). Regardless, from what I hear, this is the chocolate sheet cake recipe to end all chocolate sheet cake recipes. Granted, seeing as my oven couldn't even fit my head inside, I'll have to settle making this sheet cake into cupcakes. But I'm sure the boys won't complain.

What recipes are on your to-bake list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think